Close Menu
orrao.com
  • Home
  • Business
  • U.S.
  • World
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Science
  • More
    • Health
    • Entertainment
    • Education
    • Israel at War
    • Life & Trends
    • Russia-Ukraine War
What's Hot

How Russia Is Distracting Citizens From the War

August 30, 2025

What Causes Motion Sickness and How to Stop It Before It Starts

August 30, 2025

Nutrient-Depleted Soil and What It Means for Your Food

August 30, 2025
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
orrao.comorrao.com
  • Home
  • Business
  • U.S.
  • World
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Science
  • More
    • Health
    • Entertainment
    • Education
    • Israel at War
    • Life & Trends
    • Russia-Ukraine War
Subscribe
orrao.com
Home»U.S.»Woman who accused Diddy and Jay-Z of raping her can remain anonymous for now, judge rules
U.S.

Woman who accused Diddy and Jay-Z of raping her can remain anonymous for now, judge rules

December 27, 2024No Comments3 Mins Read
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email


the woman who has accused Sean “Diddy” Combs and Shawn “Jay-Z” Carter A federal judge has ruled that a 13-year-old man who was raped after a prize draw in 2000 can remain anonymous as his case proceeds.

The woman’s lawsuit was originally filed in October, one of an anonymous civil complaint filed against Combs by Texas attorney Tony Buzbee. The case was amended in December to include Carter, who has denied the charges.

Carter filed a motion earlier this month asking the judge to deny the plaintiff’s request to remain anonymous, asking him to reveal his identity or to dismiss the lawsuit.

However, in Thursday’s ruling, U.S. District Judge Analisa Torres said the woman can remain anonymous for now, although she may reconsider her ruling in the future.

The judge said that the allegations of sexual assault are very sensitive and of a very personal nature and that the woman who filed the case is “particularly vulnerable to the harm that disclosure may have” because, according to her case, she suffers from depression, post-traumatic stress disorder. stress disorder and seizure disorder related to the stress of his sexual assault.

In his ruling, the judge acknowledged that the plaintiff’s anonymity “could prejudice the defendants, making it difficult to gather the facts necessary for a defense” and questioning the plaintiff’s credibility.

But, referring to the “initial phase of this case”, the judge ruled that the woman can remain anonymous for the time being.

“Plaintiff is advised that, as the balance of these factors will undoubtedly change as this case progresses, particularly if the parties engage in factual discovery, the Court may wish to revisit this decision in the future,” the judge wrote. the verdict

PHOTO: Sprite Presents Shawn "Jay Z" Carter and Lebron James Two Kings Dinner

HOUSTON, TX – FEBRUARY 16: (L-R) Sean “Diddy” Combs and Jay-Z Sprite attend the Two Kings Dinner presented by RDG + Bar Annie on February 16, 2013 in Houston, Texas. (Photo by Johnny Nunez/WireImage)

Johnny Nunez/WireImage

Jay-Z and Sean Combs attended the 2000 MTV Video Music Awards afterparty, the plaintiff alleges in her lawsuit. recognized inconsistencies with his account However, he has stood by his allegations.

Carter and his lawyer have strongly denied both claims public statements and in court filings, Buzbee, the woman’s lawyer, accused him of running an “extortion campaign” against her.

The judge warned Carter’s attorney of some of his legal maneuvers.

“Carter’s attorney’s filing of fighting motions with inflammatory language and ad hominem attacks is inappropriate, a waste of judicial resources and a tactic unlikely to benefit his client. The court will not expedite the judicial process simply because the attorney requests it.”

Combs, who was it He was arrested in September charged with sex trafficking, remains in custody at the federal Metropolitan Detention Center in Brooklyn. Last month, a judge he was denied bail in case

Combs has denied all wrongdoing.

ABC News’ Matt Foster contributed to this report.



Source link

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Previous ArticleHow McDonald’s has kept Europeans hooked by fusing an American fast-food staple with local delicacies
Next Article St Mirren 2 – 1 Rangers
Admin
  • Website

Related Posts

U.S.

What’s next for US and Ukraine relations?

March 1, 2025
U.S.

Singer Angie Stone dies at 63

March 1, 2025
U.S.

What happened before Trump, Zelenskyy engaged in the Oval Office shouting match

March 1, 2025
Add A Comment
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Latest News
Business

New guidelines urge Americans to make these food swaps

January 31, 2025
Science

The Real Reason People Don’t Trust in Science Has Nothing to Do with Scientists

January 6, 2025
World

The Nigerian wristwatch repairer lost in time in Kaduna

December 27, 2024
U.S.

Man severely injured protecting wife from early morning polar bear ambush

December 5, 2024
Sports

New Zealand vs England: Ben Stokes as a specialist batter will take away from him as a cricketer, says Ian Ward | Cricket News

December 16, 2024
Science

Bird flu suddenly got serious in 2024, infecting dozens of people

December 12, 2024
Categories
  • Home
  • Business
  • U.S.
  • World
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Science
  • More
    • Health
    • Entertainment
    • Education
    • Israel at War
    • Life & Trends
    • Russia-Ukraine War
Most Popular

Why DeepSeek’s AI Model Just Became the Top-Rated App in the U.S.

January 28, 202550 Views

Why Time ‘Slows’ When You’re in Danger

January 8, 202515 Views

Top Scholar Says Evidence for Special Education Inclusion is ‘Fundamentally Flawed’

January 13, 202511 Views

Russia Beefs Up Forces Near Finland’s Border

May 19, 20258 Views

Oh hi there 👋
It’s nice to meet you.

Sign up to receive awesome content in your inbox, every month.

Check your inbox or spam folder to confirm your subscription.

  • Home
  • About us
  • Get In Touch
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
© 2025 All Rights Reserved - Orrao.com

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.