10:50 a.m. PT — TikTok posted a new message on its app … thanking its users for their patience and praising the president-elect. Donald Trump to bring the application back online.
TikTok will be back online in the United States on Sunday, hours after President-elect Donald Trump announced that it would issue an executive order on Monday to restore the platform.
Not long ago, TikTok released a statement explaining: “In agreement with our service providers, TikTok is in the process of restoring service. We thank President Trump for providing our service providers with the clarity and assurance they need that they will not face any penalties. TikTok for more than 170 million Americans and enables more than 7 million small businesses to thrive.”

TMZ.com
They continued. “It’s a strong stance against the First Amendment and against arbitrary censorship. We will work with President Trump on a long-term solution that keeps TikTok in the United States.”
ICYMI … Donald Trump delivered a strong message to Truth Social this morning. writing “SAVE TIKTOK!“In one post.
He then tweeted that he plans to issue an executive order on Monday, the same day he will be officially sworn in as the nation’s 47th president, protecting the app.
Trump indicated that the US could take a 50% ownership position in the app… thus weakening ByteDance’s control over the company.

Instagram/@jamescharles:
As we told you… Trump told an NBC News reporter on Saturday that he would “likely” suspend the ban for 90 days, as required by law.This executive order shows much stronger support for the app, and it will likely appease many influencers.
It’s worth noting that this group was passed by Congress last year, and it has very specific conditions for extending the moratorium.

1/17/25
TMZ.com
Either way, it looks like Trump is on the side of influencers and content creators, as many thought he would be… and we’ll have to wait and see what happens with the popular social media app.
Originally Posted — 10:05 PM PT